What does end of support mean?
Office 2010, like almost all Microsoft products, has a support lifecycle during which Microsoft provide bug fixes and security fixes. This lifecycle lasts for a certain number of years from the date of the product’s initial release.
Microsoft will no longer provide the following:
- Technical support for issues
- Bug fixes for issues that are discovered
- Security fixes for vulnerabilities that are discovered
Because of the changes listed above, we strongly recommend that you upgrade as soon as possible before the deadline of the 13th of October 2020.
What are my options?
With Office 2010 reaching its end of support, this is a good time to explore your options and prepare an upgrade plan to either of these latest versions of Office:
- Microsoft 365 Apps, the subscription version of Office that comes with many Microsoft 365 business plans.
- Office 2019, which is sold as a one-time purchase and available for one computer per license.
A key difference between Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019 is that Microsoft 365 Apps is updated on a regular basis, as often as monthly, with new features. Office 2019 only has the same features that it had when it was released in October 2018.